These Are The Steps I Took:
- Choose a Dick Frizzle artwork
- Put the name of Dick Frizzles artwork as the title*.
- Download and insert a photo of the artwork.
- Put your writing goal in the success criteria.
- First paragraph: Write an introduction that informs the reader of the sculpture you are going to describe.
- New paragraph: details about where it is, what it looks like and what it represents.
- New paragraph: What you like about it? Why did you choose it?. What does it say about New Zealand or our world? Why do you think Dick Frizzle made it?
- Conclusion: A personal comment - how does the artwork make you feel when you look at it? Say something to the reader about why it is special.
This is my description:
Mickey To Tiki Tu Meke.
This sketch is a Transformation of Mickey Mouse to a tiki, It is designed by a artist named Dick Frizzle. It is called Mickey To Tiki Tu Meke. Dick Frizzle is a famous New Zealand artist who grow up barefoot in Hawks Bay.
This piece of art starts out as Mickey Mouse then transforms in 6 steps into a Tiki. A tiki is something that is kiwiana and is often on a necklace. There is a reversed version of this art that is Tiki To Mickey
The art tells us that there are similarities between NZ and Disney character. I like this art because It is clever how he transforms one thing into another. I chose this because it is one of my favourites from him.
Being happy and serious at the same time is something I find unique about it. It is special to me because it was made by someone that went to the same school as me. And I believe I could do it too, with a little practice that is.
I liked doing this task. Please comment on my post and I will see you all next time.